Monday, October 29, 2012

Halloween Party


I attended a Halloween party at a friend’s house Saturday night.  I worked with this friend for many years.  She became reconnected with a college era boyfriend more than a year ago.  Shortly afterwards, he was diagnosed with cancer, had surgery and began treatments.  Everything went well for both the cancer treatment and their relationship.  I moved to Taiwan and was unable to meet this guy until this past weekend.  He is a nice man and my friend seems to be doing well too.  She also invited some other friends, including old friends of mine from my previous work life.

I ordered a mask online that didn’t arrive in time.  So I did the next best thing and bought a Mitt Romney mask; both masks have the same meaning.  Everyone at the party put more effort into their costume than I did.  Below are several pictures.  I also included a picture of a friend’s son and daughter-in-law’s costumes.  They are expecting a child and I thought the skeleton fetus was clever.  I took their picture off of Facebook; I hope they don’t mind.

The party had various drinking games including beer pong and Jell-O shot relay races.  My teams won every time and I felt like a successful, competitive frat guy.  Good food and interesting cream pumpkin liquor was served.  I had my first moonshine, which wasn’t bad.  Actually it was good.

It has been a few years since I wore a costume to a Halloween party, but I’m glad I did.  I enjoyed myself and got home at 1:30 a.m.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment