Monday, August 6, 2012

Fun Weekend

My good friend from Texas visited, as he does every year at this time.  On Saturday the two of us joined two other good friends for golf.  The weather was hot and humid and the cold beer served by some talented employees on the course was very tasty.   After golf, my friends and their wives, my son and his friend, wives and my grandson came over to the house for a party.  There was a great deal to talk about, and a number of new stories told and old stories repeated.

On Sunday morning my son’s friend invited us to his apartment downtown for drinks and then took us to the professional beach volleyball tournament at the lakefront.  He played volleyball at Ohio State and was one of the NCAA kill leaders during his day.  So his perspective was good. Sunday’s weather was cooler with low humidity.  The Jose Cuervo girls handed out free stuff and generally entertained the crowd, especially the males.  We watched a few matches and then enjoyed the beach, where my son, daughter-in-law and grandson were having fun.

The weekend was great fun and very relaxing.  My friend left the house this morning at 4:30 a.m. and I drove long distance to my job.  We have been enjoying a version of this weekend for years and I hope there are many more ahead of us.






No comments:

Post a Comment